Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Why is it offensive to ask someone giving you advice on a subject for their qualifications on the subject?
Because it's not particularly relevant. What if I turned a 1:44 at Laguna? That's fast for a production based car, but not for a formula car. My times have little to do with the validity of my argument, mainly that fast guys don't break their cars any more than slow guys.

The last time I was timed was back in 2000 in a club race at Thunderhill. I was driving an ITB 2002 at over 3 minutes. At that time I was turning comparable times with the record holder at SPIR in the same car. None the less, I have little timed miles on track. And since it was so long ago, it means little, now.

And another thing, if you are located in Silicon Valley, then your local tracks are the ones I am most familiar with. For all this harping you've made about my lap times, I would assume you have a racing resume that trumps any comments I may have made previously? We'll probably see each other at a lapping day or in a club race in the future (SCCA or BMWCCA). Maybe you can show me the way around the track.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0