09-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #104
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
first of all don't get personal and attack me. this is all just my opinion. you made a bad comparison when comparing my choice to buy a 2010 instead of 2009. I don't blame BMW for not coming out with a new m3 generation every year because that's not what they do. if they took ten years to come out with a new generation and in the meantime they kept making "editions" I would then complain, but not right now because they have always more or less kept on track with the timing of new m3 releases. As far as buying a 2010, please don't judge me or anyone else for that matter before knowing facts. I would have gladly picked up an 09 model, but due to timing, funds, and just the general luck of things a 2010 was very reasonably well within my grasp. the real reason the 10 triumphed the 09 was due to warranty as that was on higher on my valued list. that has nothing to do with being a fan boy for bmw.

having gone from the 4 to the 4s, i can honestly say that i saw improvements, but they were so minimal that IN MY OPINION it wasn't worth the upgrade. Now we have people who have the 5 and they wonder if the 5s is worth upgrading. The "updated" features of the 5s remind me alot of the differences between the 4 and the 4s so that's why I believe it's not worth the upgrade. How much you want to bet the next iphone will be more kick ass and actually sell more than the 5s because it was more of a real progression in the iphone line? I'm not defining what an "update" is because that changes from person to person, but my point is that the next iphone will be tempting enough to a far greater population. Apple has already invested in bigger screens so for a fact we know they are working on some type of bigger iphone. I would hope/assume the bigger screen would accompany upgrades in all aspects of the phone.
I drive an 09, and i wish it were a 2010 for the reasons you listed. I'm certainly not judging you for driving something i'd rather have.

May not be a good comparison, but my point is that with technology these interim releases are somewhat necessary for continuing innovation. They can't just sit behind closed doors and try to innovate. You can't do that in a vacuum, you need external feed back and no focus group is going to be nearly as good as the world market. The release of the 5s and 5c is integral in the evolution of the iPhone and will most certainly make the iPhone 6 a much better phone. Just as a member posted above, user feed back pushes refinement and innovation.

Apple as a company doesn't play into trends. They know that those giant screens and gimmicky features the android phones have are items their users can live without and don't often use other than to show a friend. Apple does have shareholders to keep happy though. While the yearly releases do also make the shareholders happy; i'd be on the look out for the possibility of an iPhone 6 along with an iPhone 6L with a larger display.