View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
gsrbri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT

Track brake pad/rotor wear - your results?

My 2011 E90 ZCP is a daily driver, but sees quite a few track days. Since I purchased the car in July 2011, I've done 8 days (6 at New Hampshire MS and two at Mt. Tremblant). I run stock pads on the street and Pagid RS-19 yellows front and RS-7 black on the rear when on-track. I'm an intermediate-level driver and get into my brakes very hard each lapping session.

After 8 days, my Pagid pads are still good for probably two more track days (wear has been excellent). The rotors, both front/rear, are exhibiting no "lip" after 13,000 miles of spirited driving on the road and track. The Pagid pads, as it turns out, bed very well at the track w/no real need to pre-bed, and I've installed the factory pads directly after being on track, and, as long as you don't hammer the brakes too much, the stock pads remove the bedded material from the Pagids and wipe the rotor clean. No pedal pulsations or anything.

I had a friend that drives an E90 M3 w/PFC-01 pads drive my car at Mt. Tremblant and his impression was that the PFC's offer a little more bite at the limit, but the Pagids are very good. He is seeing much more wear w/the PFC-01s, both on the pads and rotors.

What are your experiences?

-Brian

Last edited by gsrbri; 08-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: misspelling subject
Appreciate 0