View Single Post
      08-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #63
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall$treet View Post
I really don't get the arguement that the 1m is faster so choose the 1m. Even if it were true and maybe it is, when is enough power enough? If it were a 500 hp m3 v. a 450 hp 1m and the 1m was still a bit faster than people would say choose the 1m.

There is a limit to how much power you really can even drive unless you are a pure track person. I feel the m3 has adequate power at 400 plus hp and you can "check" the "enough power" box and move on to other aspects of the car.

There is so much more to a daily driver than power. I really doubt anyone who has the money and is not looking for a track only car would turn down an m3 in favor of a 1m if they had ever driven an m3. Anyone who has sailed in 2nd gear to 8400 rpms and experienced the endless acceleration through the rpms, the sound it produces and the squeezing of the nice m3 active side-bolsters in a beautiful cabin... no way someone would trade that for a 1m.
Whose talking about being faster or more powerful? its not just about that. that is an added bonus. The main reason to pick the 1M over M3 is for the fun of driving the 1M over the M3. IMHO the M3 isn't as fun to drive as the 1M. Its too soft and too heavy. And yes i would trade that for a 1M in a heartbeat.

You guys will still love your next gen M3 and say its so amazing even though it'll weigh 4500 lbs. Well ill be happy with a sub 3500 lb car with decent power. e30-e46 drivers should know what I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0