View Single Post
      07-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
epbb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

///M Door Projector Courtesy Light (Plug and Play) - Info and DIY

Hey Guys,

Apparently, unless you are a sponsor, or are posting on behalf of a sponsor, you cannot organize group buys using forum tools (Threads, PMs, etc.). Even if you are not a business, you are not selling your own products, and are just trying to help get a better price for other forum members, you can't organize group buys of someone else's product.

Therefore, let me start out by saying, this thread is NOT a group buy thread.

The purpose for this thread is for me to explain the differences of the lights that are out there, and to let you know why you should only be getting a particular brand. It will also serve as a place for people who have purchased these lights to express their opinions about the lights, since unfortunately, the 7 pages of peoples' opinions about these lights in the other thread were deleted.

That being said, but before we begin, should you have any more specific questions or requests about these lights, you can send me a PM with your email address in it, and I will do what I can to answer your questions and provide you with more information.

Now, if you are going to get these lights, you should only be purchasing lights from the manufacture that invented them, ECP. The ECP lights use authentic Osram LED microprocessor chips, which are heavier, use better conductors, and are much more durable. Therefore, they run at a higher Kelvin temperature, have more lumens (brighter), and thus, are more expensive ($70 per pair).

There are several imitation brands coming out now, and they are of much lesser quality. The most common imitation brand out on the market now is Naante. Naante, and all of the other imitation brands coming out on the market now, use counterfeit chips, so they are much cheaper. You can tell the quality difference between the ECP and Naante lights just by the weight alone. The ECP is almost twice as heavy as the Naante lights due to the materials used. Here are some examples of counterfeit lights, which usually sell for around $30 per pair, that you should NOT buy:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-N...921898270.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A37-2x-LED-D...-/160989231038

With regards to the ECP Lights, here are some pictures, along with DIY installation instructions for when you get them. Again, just to reiterate, I am not affiliated with ECP in any way, and this thread is not a group buy thread. I am simply providing this information to everyone so you can make an educated decision should you decide to get these courtesy lights. If you have any questions, feel free to send me PM with your email address, and I will respond ASAP. Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by epbb; 07-06-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0