09-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #39
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_cmh View Post
BEAUTIFUL. Jet black is the best black IMO. I passed on a few Jerez black models just because it didn't look as good in the sun as Jet Black would have. It's not fun keeping clean though!

Two easy mod recommendations. 1. Amber reflector delete on your front corners. 2. ZHP shift knob. The M3 stock shift knob is ridiculous. It's too tall and not weighted. The ZHP knob has the same OEM look and shift pattern but is shorter and weighted. Search on the forums here for more information if you are interested in doing either.
Thx. I don't suppose Jerez black is any easier to keep clean and pretty than Jet, so I am OK with my choice

I just gave it a first wash after just over 1 month having it. I am happy with how the wash went (just used my usual 2 bucket method with my existing shampoo, sponges, chemise, wheel cleaning spray, etc.) and how there is no random scratch or scuff like people seem to have cried about how weak the BMW paint is and also say black is like going to scratch if you stare at it hard enough LOL

I am no detailing guy - far from it - so I am happy with sticking to the colour I decided in a heartbeat as the best colour for this car without a second thought or second guess; and that it's proving to be a real driving livable colour to keep good looking (enough for my eyes).

As for those 2 mods ideas, thanks for the suggestion.

I came across the amber reflector delete way back when I was stalking my car shipment, I am on the fence on that one; actually leaning towards it looks fine (to me) the way it is.

The shifter, I will check it out. Again, so far the OEM one works fine for me. I wonder with a shorter shift knob, if 5th gear will be a bit of a reach for me without having to move the seat even closer.

I thought LUX Angel Eyes are the de facto first mod to begin it all

Last edited by bnombe; 09-04-2012 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: Mods ideas feedback
Appreciate 0