07-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
The BMWi brand will not have any M variants. According to BMW, it's defeats the point of BMWi to have high-performance models.

On a better note, BMW M may end up being it's own sub brand and as unique and independent as BMWi is from BMW as we know it. With the i8 and i3 being as close to production as they are, I believe a lot of focus will be going into M cars now and figuring out what they can use and borrow from BMWi and implement it in BMW M. Also, figuring out a strategy with the future lineup of M cars... M1, M2, M3.

With the new naming structure for the 3series being "3" for the sedans and "4-series" for the coupe, this reinforces the idea of M becoming its own brand because the chances of the next M3 coupe being called a M4 coupe (based on current M naming logic) is close to none. So it has to be an M3 which will be heavily differentiated by BMW M.
To me, this is just a shit storm just waiting to happen. It just doesn't make any sense to me, an enthusiast. How is this going to make any sense to the average joe?

And a car that costs 150K for such shitty 0-60 times is ridiculous. This isn't an Aston or Bentley, where class and prestige would make up for the lack luster performance. And this whole hybrid deal, I think it is stupid. Bring out hydrogen cars already.
Appreciate 0