02-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I don't know what tabata is but I would recommend doing the P90x ab ripper x. It's only 15 minutes and I can tell you that it works. My stomach is pretty much flat right now. You don't even have to do it every day (you shouldn't anyway). So maybe twice or maybe 3 times a week would give you the result you want without having to take additional supplements.
Exercising for spot reduction doesn't work. There isn't a metabolic pathway between fat cells and muscle cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
I wouldn't think that supplements would help you attain a flatter stomach. It's strictly your body fat %.

Do some more cardio, eat right, keep working out your core and stretch. I got a flat stomach doing that.
Supplements can help improve body composition as they can help maintain muscle mass, improve digestion, and encourage fat stores to be used as energy.

Long duration aerobic exercise is not your best strategy for fat loss as it makes you energy efficient (more MPG so to speak) and puts you in an catabolic state. Doing anaerobic based training will correct both issues. The leanest people on the planet are anaerobic athletes.
Appreciate 0