ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Quoted for truth. In Indiana, the private party transaction procedure is very similar, if not identical to, the Florida procedure mentioned by O-cha.

However, if I buy a gun at a local gun shop, paperwork and background check = required. If I buy a gun online at Buds or at Gunbroker, the gun must be shipped to an FFL, and again, paperwork and background check = required.
Doesn't the Uniform Firearms Act also provide for immediate family transfers? E.g., I gifted a pistol to my father. Later he gifted it to my brother. I could not directly gift it to my brother, but the family caveat allows the parent-child exception. Otherwise, all handgun transfers have to go through an FFL as I understand it. Longarms.. have at it. But, handguns have a different circumstance. I'm also not sure if the duty is on the seller or the buyer to prove ability to own (not a felon, 18, etc.)

(IANAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by szcyxzh View Post
.40 caliber? no thx.

What's wrong with .40s&w? Yeah, it's not the FBI's 'dream round' it was supposed to be (10mm), but it's still an excellent round. Premium JHPs for intended for self defense have proven to penetrate and expand well out of my 4" bbls such as an XD40 or G23. Not trying to start a 9mm v .45 debate, but it's shot placement that counts.
Appreciate 0