View Single Post
      08-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335, '08 LS3 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
Close buddy of mine who knows how to drive very well owns a highline car dealership and has 2-3 E46 M3s come through practically every week. Recently he picked up a 04 Silver 6 speed coupe that according to him felt stronger than any previous M3 he'd had. So of course we had to run them Results, repeatedly, was me ahead by about 2 car @ 110 or so. Did not matter if it was from a stop or roll, M3 would do well to about 60 or so and then the 335 would take over with its longer legs.

Now on to the more controversial race. I read bits and pieces of the LS2 GTO thread and frankly didn't believe that a very lightly modded 335 could take down the GTO, but apparently I was wrong. Sunday I was out to get some food and came across an LS2 6 speed GTO with an AEM intake. We raced from a roll 3 different times, various speeds ranging 20-40 mph. GTO guy knew what he was doing, his 1-2 and 2-3 shifts barked the tires hard. Cars were fairly even up to about 90 where I'd have consistently 1/2 of a car. From 90-110 I would pull out another full car to end up 1.5 cars ahead. This occured all 3 times we ran. Surprising for me and for him.

And for those who are wondering, no, my car is ever so slightly not stock
Definitaly not the outcome I was expecting in the higher speeds.....as soon as the GTO goes into 4th gear I would expect it to pull ahead. Anything can happen on the street though, good kill!!

Edit: just noticed you're not even Procede'd.....sorry man, but you beat a sub par driver, not the car.

Last edited by speedfreak81; 08-08-2007 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0