10-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #81
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I rechecked your initial post and cannot see an attachment. Your recent attachement is there, but my PC is saying it is corrupted. Can you open it yourself? It is interesting that people will criticise harshly without trying to understand what has been done.

I can open the attachment and files contained above. I also emailed them to you. Funny indeed! Typical premature knee jerk reaction. Although to be fair the post itself did describe fairly well what I did.

All pretty reasonable criticisms^, but also the only thing left to do would indeed be a ton of bounding/sensitivity studies. Would be interesting but the tail wind example was probably the most important one. Again many small effects which can vary in terms of benefit/detriment and they will tend to average out. As well I think all such studies would do at this point would be to increase the confusion and take things even further off topic.

The methodology for getting the differences between the ACR times and predictions was to assume a faster corner exit speed for the ACR (totally justified IMO) and to then match the ZR1s acceleration. Not rigorous nor particularly strong assumption but it does make everything loosely consistent. Really we can leave the ACR out as a weaker part of the argument. There was no speed data so is is much harder to compare. The primary argument here is ZR1 vs. GT-R.
Appreciate 0