First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe. Stock no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Snow View Post
As a matter of interest. Take a look at the crank sizes from Reg Guys first page post.

Two used cranks from random cars which could have possibly been manufactured over a few years span and both with different mileages
Both engines are well known to me. Here's the answer.

Crank-1 has already been documented in this thread as S65, ~30000 Miles, Bone Stock, 2008. Crank-2 specs are as follows: S65, ~11000 Miles, Bone Stock, 2008.
So even you would have to admit that the sizes of both those cranks and the 78k mile S85 that I measured all being within a tenth is pretty good. Yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
What did your research tell you about the cause and solution to the wear shown in that photo. BTW, there should be at least two or three more bearings that look just like it.
My research told me that the Carillo rods that you had installed on your previously rebuilt Na motor were replaced for a new set with extra material on the shoulders due to bore distortion and the addition of a blower.

Yes the pattern across 2 or 3 others was similar.

It was highlighted to show that even Carillo rods can have faults. I note they also seem to run tighter than the BMW rods.

Last edited by Yellow Snow; 11-18-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0