MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Until this thread existed, there was never any data for anybody to use. I don't know how long it would take to get one going. This thread isn't two months old yet. I also don't know much about how they get started, and wouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't have any standing in such a lawsuit anyways (I chose to modify my motor right after I bought it).
Look at BMW's track record for admitting fault. It's kind of bullshit if you ask me. Most recently comes to mind are the E46 rear subframes and the 335 HPFP issue, both of which were resolved via Class Action Lawsuits.

I love how people are wanting numbers as to how many failed, those are only speculative until you BMW is forced to provide those numbers during the discovery process.

They are rolling the dice on these and going at them on a case by case basis and will continue to do so until someone forces them to be honest and man up. They've done this very thing before and they will continue to do it in the future. This is undoubtedly my last BMW that I own. I may lease one later, but I wouldn't dream of owning another one outside of a warranty.
Appreciate 0