03-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
harry$
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak125 View Post
As someone who is eyeing an E90 M3 and as a person who has an interest in track day events, what is BMW's attitude and mindset toward customer's cars? It seems as though BMW encourages track usage (which is great) but Subaru did the same when the WRX was launched in the US but would void your warranty if you were caught tracking your car.

So, if I keep the car stock (minus pads/tires) and the transmission happens to explode at a track day, what happens? Will BMW honor the warranty or will they void it as soon as I tell them it went *boom* at a track event? I'm not interested in lying to the dealership either.

Has anyone had experience with situations similar to this? Thoughts?

Regards!

From what i have seen honesty is not always the best policy.Bmw has the three strike rule,they will replace three engines three transmissions three diffs etc,no questions asked,but after that it gets a little more difficult but not impossible.''The key is to keep the car stock'', if there are any aftermarket parts on the car that car will be ''Flagged'' as having been tracked and the ''Review indicator set for this vehicle.Please contact your local warranty office before carrying out a warranty repair''. Bmw is quite slack with its warranty if there is any hassle take the car to another dealer, its the dealer trying to earn browny points with Bmw .So if any thing should happen get the car to the dealer and act like you dont know much about cars and point them in the general direction of the problem and let them go through the process. As a last resort if you get stonewalled ''Sue the Dealer for Breach of Contract.''
Appreciate 0