View Single Post
      02-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
definately all about traction. 0-60 times have become irrelavent in today's "horse power wars" era. 1/4 mile trap is a better indicator of power, and 5-60 is better than 0-60, but not much.

More importantly, with the power levels where they're at, focus on driving enjoyment, there is plenty of power for street/ occassional track car in the M3.

I've found it impossible to use the power of the M3 on public roads without risking jail time. Not sure how any "faster" car would help, other than to increase my likelihood of serious trouble.

On the track, you can always have more power, but with more power comes more danger, more heat, more brake wear, more problems. It also requires more skill (than I have). I'm not hating, I love speed, but at this point, worrying about a couple of tenths in 0-60, or 1/4 mile, should be the last thing that drives a car buying decision. Just my 2 cents.
I'm right there with you at this point with the C63/M3 (I had both). They have plenty of power for me and I don't need my next car to take it to a new level.

The M3 is at a great level of performance. I wouldn't mind a similar power to weight ration but with an overall lower curb weight.
Appreciate 0