03-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
It's very important that close to the intake manifold. The manifold is optimised and tuned in conjunction with other engine characteristics such as intake valve timing, all under the presence of an air tight system. Although a leak won't greatly affect flow capacity (unless it is huge), it can change the air pressure characteristics more significantly, which could detrimentally affect performance. It will also generate heat and cause turbulence, because air escaping through the leak does so at high pressure (think of a small leak in a garden hose)

I have to really say the most important thing Tecnocraft can do is address the fitment issues of the pipe. Unfortunately I bought this piece quite some time ago when it was fairly new to the market and was not aware of the fitment requirements - I wouldn't have purchase the product if I had been aware of the fitment.

+1 Me either. Had I known I was gonna have to wrap the manifold as many times as I had to (approx 12 times), to get an airtight seal, I would have just gone with the Dinan Chargepipe. Design is wayyy better with the rubber accordian tubing for a tight fit. Thanks for the info Mixja. So, I was right! Airtight fit IS pretty critical. ERIC!!! Make it happen!! RUBBER ACCORDIAN TUBING FOR AN AIRTIGHT FIT!!!
Appreciate 0