02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Best restaurant would be Providence
A+ recommendation... The "only" or at least one of the few Michelin starred restaurants in Los Angeles, and worth every penny.

I am a foodie so I will throw you some food spots that you MUST try not only for the food, but for the ambiance as well.

E. Baldi
Canon Dr. & Burton Way in Beverly Hills
- The food here is very simple and elegant Italian fare, and it will cost you no more than $80 for two for plenty of food. Last time I was here I saw Al Pacino, Martin Scorsese, and best of all Jessica Alba. (during one two-hour dinner)

Osteria Mozza
Melrose Ave. & Highland Ave. in Hollywood
- A Mario Batali joint, but reserve your spot in advance as they are booked every night. Ridiculous Italian fare, pricey, yet overall amazing. Last time I was here I had my dinner next to George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, and the CEO of Disney (forgot his name). There is a more casual experience next door named "Pizzeria Mozza." It also is crowded but well worth the wait.

Katana
Sunset Blvd. & La Cienega Blvd. in Hollywood
- Some say overrated, I say delicious. Go here for Japanese fare... ranging from awesome sushi/sashimi to their robata grilled meats. You can easily do this place on the cheap and also easily spend a few hundred per person here. Excellent ambiance and location for a tourist.

Sugarfish / Sushi Nozawa
Multiple locations throughout SoCal.
- Hands down my favorite sushi spot in LA. Price is fair, sushi quality is AMAZING. That is ALL they have here though, are three set sushi course-meals and a few choices on the side. If you go to the Downtown LA location, make sure to end your meal by walking across the street to Bottega Louie for dessert and coffee. (I don't recommend eating dinner there as the food is sub-par and the hype is not real)

Carnitas Michoacan
Next to Dodgers Stadium
- Best fast food Mexican spot in the Downtown area. Get the Super Nachos and Carne Asada Burrito (anything here is pretty awesome). Open 24/7. Prepare your toilet thought...

That is all I can think of or have time for right now.

All I do is eat...
Appreciate 0