04-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #25
doubleo
Memento Mori
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_cmh View Post
I'm new to my M3 but one of the things I noticed last week when I had a 328i loaner from the dealer while my car was in for service was the 328i had much more resistance when turning the wheel than the M3 does. With my M3 I could use my pinky finger to turn at low speeds or a stop but the 328i was almost difficult even at low speeds.

I'm curious as to why this is? Obviously our suspension is entirely different but this felt more like just having a better power steering pump or something.

(side note, I can never get over how bad the throttle response is on an automatic 328i. I'm not talking about in comparison to an M3, it just sucks in general. You mash on the gas and it literally thinks about it for a second or two before responding. Almost dangerously at times)
TOTALLY agree with you. I actually thought something was wrong with my steering wheel once I got back into my M3 lol. As far as the throttle response.. i hate IT! I almost got into a couple of accidents because I couldn't accelerate fast enough
Appreciate 0