Thread: VT2-625 KIT
View Single Post
      04-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #21
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

[QUOTE=BMRLVR;13800988]If you do enough searching, you'll come up with many different stories...most of them wrong or grossly misinformed. So I'll see if I can help you set the record straight.

For starters, if BMW has never changed specs on the rod bearings for this engine from the time they started to make it. So by definition, there is no such thing as an upgraded rod bearing to "latest bmw spec." You already have the latest spec. It's an easy check at www.realoem.com to confirm this for yourself.

Rod bearings are not like a v-belt or brake pads. You'll never take your car into the dealer and hear them say "it's time to replace your rod bearings with this visit." So no, replacing rod bearings is never a maintenance item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post

Oh dear.

Auto Talent
Gintani
RD Sport

All are in Los Angeles area. All can do this job. RD Sport is in 949 and makes S65 stroker motors. Maybe you can take it there and learn about the strokers while you're at it.
I assume you do not have a supercharger. Why do you give misleading advice. there is a reason why ESS vf and aa advice on rod bearings replaceents for cars running 600 + hp supercharger kits.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0