エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
so help me out guys. the only devices that are going to be connected to my entire network are the PC, xbox, maybe a laptop and 2 iphones.
Remember that anything directly connected through an ethernet line will be faster and more stable than through WiFi. That said, you probably want to connect your PC and XBox to the router through ethernet and set up a LAN (at least for gaming).

My GF's iPhone and my Nokia connect wirlessly through our wirless network and it works great. Though everyone will have a preference on routers, I went with NetGear's RangeMax.

You'll get better signal strength if you set it up away from other electronic devices and oddly, the higher up the better. I have it set up in our kitchen somewhat in the middle of the house. We get reception basically everywhere with the laptop, front yard and backyard, but sometimes the phones struggle with connection strength when roaming out of the house (unless using service provider's 3G; then it doesn't matter).

I like NetGear just because opening/closing ports, or portforwarding is pretty simple.
Other than NetGear, I've heard Linksys are pretty good, and I had a non-WiFi router in the past that worked with no-problems. I can't speak for Belkin personally, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Appreciate 0