View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #92
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post

People in the 'know' understand how an STI is/was as close to a production rally car as it gets, everyone else, buys the car because of some motortrend article about 0-60 times...
I bought that car because I love turbo/AWD cars that come nicely equip and also because I wanted realiability, something I was missing in my previous modified Audis(finally, I ended up braking 4 engines in less then 25000miles ). I never considered the previous STIs because of the cheesy cheap looking ugly interior, I could'nt care less if the car was good at rallying, the important thing for me was that it was fast on the pavement and that I could have fun in the winter like with my previous Audis!

Also, for me 0-60 does'nt mean shit if I'm not the one who did it , most peolple don't know how to launch an AWD car properly, even those STI fanboys!! You would'nt believe how much modified STIs I've seen here in Québec doing some 13sec 1/4miles, I even witnessed a fanboy doing a best time of 13.2 with his 500+hp STI after at least 20 runs while me and my friends were doing consistently 12.5-12.6 with simple stg2s lol

Anyway, all I wanted to say was that even if the STI that you buy at the dealer has a lot of rally DNA, it's not a rally car, it's a sport car with AWD just like an RS4, as opposite of what Tarmac_E46_M3 was saying, it's not because the STI is better then a M3 on gravel and snow that it is worst then M3 on dry pavement, it's just because it's a 35k$ sports car vs a 70k$ sports car !

Last edited by Alex07M3; 06-01-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0