View Single Post
      10-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #40
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidforce13 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced any problems with Nick Alexander in LA but after what I experienced I feel like I should share my story.

I Ordered a European delivery e93 M3, all went well in ordering and in Europe. Car was suppose to be delivered to the PC in South Carolina for me to pick up, but the dealer forgot and scheduled delivery of the car to LA instead, where it stayed for a couple weeks. I live in Miami and was anxious to drive the car and thought I might as well make the best of the situation and drive my convertible down the pacific coast hwy with my brother who lives out there. So i flew out to LA, after my sales rep said it wouldnt be a problem to drive the car there, but when I arrived he said that I will not be able to drive my car because of legal reasons (wish he would have looked into that before he told me yes i bought my ticket) and the best they could do is give me a loaner 328. I was pretty mad but what could I do, I said so be it just make sure its on the next truck out to miami. When I returned the loaner the sales rep told me the car left detailed and in an enclosed trailer with 3 other cars.

Five days passed and I get the call that my car is in Miami ready to be delivered. The truck pulls up to my warehouse and to my surprise its on an open trailer with 10 other vehicles on the front. They bring the car down and it could not have been any dirtier. It was full of bugs, dirt and what not from the drive accross the country, i couldn't even seen the headlights. If he told me it was going to be on an open truck i would have put a front bra on it. Also, i get in the car and it still has dirt and pebbels on the floor from a castle in germany, a tissue that i used from a napkin in Prague as well as an empty McDonalds cup from there as well, point is it was no where near detailed. I had to pay someone to come to my warehouse to have it detailed before all the bugs and dirt dried into the paint. This is no where near the end of it.

The next day after the detail I noticed a big dent in the roof. I have not yet driven the car because i don't have the tags, i'll get to that in a bit, and it spent the night inside my warehouse. The dealer claims it was not them nor the trucking company. At the moment this is not my biggest issue. My biggest problem is that there were no tags or registration sent with my car (which I paid for already). Not even a temp tag, and since there is no registration i cant even go out and get one myself. I emailed Nick Alexander for about 2-3 weeks asking for my tag and registration and got seldom responses. Finally I had to have BMW NA customer service contact the dealer GM who also is a real piece of work. It finally came in the mail and no one from the dealer followed up or asked if and when i received it. Horrible customer service!

To this date. Almost 2 months since I've took delivery of my car they will not answer any of my questions on the Dent in My roof, the extra month my car sat in my warehouse because i had no tag or registration and extra time it sat in LA, or the Performance Center experience i was supposed to get in SC and did not since they sent the car to LA.

Pretty long but i think people should know before they buy from this dealer!
The only thing that I can add to your upsetting post is just a general warning to anybody contemplating the order of any BMW thru these "online" vendors: unless your order is a simple one, with no special or specific requests, just do not get confused with an invoice plus "x amount" as a "low price"... you will get what you are paying for, and sometimes less.

If you expect that your phone calls will be responded reasonably on time, that your paperwork will be completed reasonably on time, that your requests will be taken care of reasonably on time, that your emails will be actually read and you are the type of person that cannot deal with the remote communication -or lack thereof- then this is not for you.

Sometimes you will find a great online vendor, sometimes do not. But the worst thing is the vendor that was great at the beginning and suddenly at post sale he/she becomes a black hole.

This is just an extreme case of IDGAF by a supposedly online dealer. But it seems to me that lack of attention to detail to online BMW orders is becoming more and more frequent and even expected, when it is supposed to be the ones that more attention to detail than usual are required.

Your mileage will vary. A lot.
Appreciate 0