03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #42
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one88 View Post
my car is still running in perfect condition but the estoril blue color will never be seen again they discontinued it after e36 and only allowed a few e46's to be individually ordered. i think it has something to do with it being a solvent based paint and not water based and its harmful to make or some stupid reason. that being said Monte carlo blue is like 95% similar to estoril. its a very good remake. i think it has slightly less depth and in certain light you can tell its metallic depth is different and looks darker/more of a matte? hard to describe really. i spoke with an individual e92 owner and he said bmw will not make this color no matter what. id prefer estoril over mcb but would have no problem settling for MCB bcuz it is still gorgeous and like i said 95% similar
Ahh... thanks for the info... nice to see you on here outside good old e46fanatics.

My apologies for the late reply... just underwent heart surgery a few days ago and survived... so grateful to still be alive today.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0