06-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #40
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
you won't be the first person to pick the AMG over the M3. Clearly all people value things different. I owned a S2000 for nearly 6 years. when most people would not consider living with one as a DD.

It's truly great you (we) have such great cars to pick from and in this price range $60K I think we are blessed to live in a country and at a certain place in time where these cars are quite affordable to many.

I hope people don't think the M3 is the best or only car that's in the universe. We do happen to love the M3 here but I for one do not feel it so much better than the ISF, Z06, GTR, C63 etc. the list goes on.

I prefer the low-TQ high-RPM characteristics of the M3 (if you want to call 300-lb 'low TQ', I don't)

I am from the school of thought where TQ is just a factor related to HP meaning even if you have low-ish TQ but you are turning 8000+ RPMs you are going to move. I recall driving the GT3 and F430 both not far off the TQ in the M3. You could not put me into a 500-TQ car over one of those 290-340 TQ cars.

For me speed/power/TQ are not my main reason to buy the M3, in the type of driving I do on public roads. I do not wish for massivly powerful cars to drive when my speed limit is 65 (really 95) and my side roads (real world) speed is probably not any more than 65 MPH. I do not wish to get a big speeding ticket.

I am just pointing out that big-TQ numbers are not the end all and be all of performance cars, when F1 cars have less TQ than your C63 you can realize there is more than one way to skin a cat.
I agree, nice comments. M3 is very nice, but it is not the best car or only choice out there. I mean I might end up getting a M3 instead of C63. I am still deciding, and will make my choice in Dec. I got a question though; I understand what torque does, but what exactly does high rpm do?
Appreciate 0