01-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
According to my dealer, clutch is NOT included on either factory or extended plan. Brakes are on factory plan, but don't know about extended. The good news is rotors last a lot longer on our M3s than other BMWs. Remember my E46 needing rotors at 20K miles; ridiculous. Even rotors are an easy DIY, but they should last at least 50K miles of regular driving (not track time at all), right? And pads at least close to that, I'd assume. We'll see. Again, with DIY and relatively affordable prices with Tischer, I'm not worried. In fact, I'm paying for my own maintenance since now . Prefer that than dealing with only local dealer. Take care.
Actually, I overheard a discussion about this when I brought my M3 in for the 1,200 mile service. If I overheard correctly the manual clutch is not covered due to the fact that it is theoretically possible that you might abuse it. The DCT clutch is covered because the M3 shifts for you and thus is incapable of abusing the clutch.

Then again, I think that the guy that was explaining the plan is the same one pulling serial prank calls on my cell today about a "burrito unicorn".
Appreciate 0