05-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u3 View Post
I wish I could find something like that in the Mid Atlantic region. Going to track with groups waiting an hour or two for a run with an "instructor" is OK, but no one could disagree that one on one with a pro instructor you would learn so much more. Private lessons are offered in all sports, I do not see why this sport is any different. If you got the money I got the time, should hold true for this sport too. If anyone knows someone who is doing this in the Mid Atlantic please let me know. Thanks
What folks are saying, including myself, is that a private instructor is not worth it if you are a novice. At that level, there are plenty of basic issues to be dealt with that do not require a pro driver to address. You don't need to pay $1k per day to learn the basics of the driving line, controlling the throttle, braking, etc. The track is a different environment, and you need to process the basics and let them sink in before you are ready for more advanced instruction. Having said this, it's your money, so of course spend it how you like...