View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I had a Toyota one time, and it was the biggest piece of trash ever. I never had to get an oil change in the car, because they had to replace the short block every <3,000 miles. Toyota just barely skirted under lemon law on the car for as long as possible, and I was stuck in a crap-box Carolla loaner for months.

The dealership sucked, could never give me good status, and apparently didn't know how to fix a car. Toyota corporate, despite flying techs from Japan to investigate my car, did absolutely NOTHING to appease me as a customer. They constantly gave me the run around, the dealer/corp pointed fingers at each other, and I was stuck in a crappy situation. All I wanted them to do was replace the car, instead of skirting around lemon law as much as they could. According to a friend who worked at the dealership, Toyota spent over $120,000 in parts and labor repairing my car repeatedly, but refused to do the right thing for me as a customer.

So ya, f*** Toyota. I'll never buy one of their products again and I'll do anything I can to prevent them from acquiring new customers. I'm disappointed that BMW went this route. Merc is over there working with Tesla on electric vehicles and BMW gets Toyota... woohoo.

2022 X3 M40i
E46 330i ZHP, E90, E89 Z4, F30 320i "Jalopnik Edition", F80 Comp, F80 CS
Appreciate 0