06-25-2007, 05:49 AM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Rider View Post
When I'm in sport mode and use the paddle shifter it will not kick down on me. I take off in 1st and hit 6000 rpm I shift to 2nd and off I go. If I take off in second and I'M using the paddles it still will not kick down. It works for me.
well DUH.....if your already in first gear and you push it down to engage the button what else is it gonna do? Shift to 0? They're talking about when your cruising and you punch it to the point where the button is enganged, then it down shifts to put the engine in a higher RPM which gives it a bit more go.

I have paddles too and I rarely ever push the pedal down to the button point, actually I never do unless its on a freeway. Pushing the pedal right to point where it hasnt engaged the button is very easy.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0