View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #58
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
Rep
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3

Quote:
I had a chance these Palmer M3's. Great group of people.
Hate to pile it on you, but these cars do run on LPG. As for the interior, they strip them when they receive the car, and store the parts away. They are then re-installed. That's how I understood it.

Good luck with everything
They did really help, the head mechanic manager spent over three hours on the phone to me Saturday discussing and going over the whole cars history. Exactly what was done, when and at what mileage. He really didn't have to do this at all on a busy saturday, he could of just told me i was on my own! Much appreciation for Palmer and their customer service!

The cars are run on dual fuel - BMW in German actually came out to view the setup as they said it couldn't be done. Once they saw the setup they gave it the green light!

The second fuel system was mounted in place of the rear seats in a specially made carbon box, the throttle bodies were modified however this was all switched over to the new '13 cars and the brand new '13 fuel system along with the throttle bodies etc was put onto my car. He told me exactly the same was done with the interior/suspension/drivetrain/brakes/running gear.

Nothing has been left behind, no way will i ever find bits of the pervious installation and anything that was modified has been swapped back to new or original.

From a '13 car or stored from brand new it doesn't really matter...Its all the same!

Not sure if running LPG could of done damage to the engine internals (which is still original) but she runs beautifully and pulls real hard. Never uses a drop of oil like most do.

Just going to live with it and enjoy the car I'll fix the little DCT leak myself and get an oil analysis done for peace of mind...

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't too bad after all?
Did you contact Palmer yourself or did BMW provide that to you?
I contacted Palmer myself - Obviously BMW told me they supplied the car to them for the track, i googled it and asked for a manager of the cars.

What happened to you yesterday? Missed out on a good night. Crazy-golf with the boys and a little drive in the sun, should of came along.
Appreciate 0