12-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #8
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
I can vouch for the OEM Bettalink glue. That shit is strong! There is no way in hell that thing is coming off intentionally or not. I dont see how people use tape. The contact surface of the spoiler isnt very big to apply tape. And the down-force (little as it may be) seems like it would rip the spoiler right off.. That being said, I have seen several posters on here who swear by the tape, and also several that have had their spoiler fly off on the freeway. I have never seen anybody lose a spoiler when using Bettalink. Mine has been on my car for 2 years and is still strong as ever. The car has even been through high pressure washes with no problem.

I chose to paint just the top of my spoiler so that it flows with the car more and doesnt look like something I just slapped on. To each its own though. I like that you can still see the CF from the back.
Wow! Up I-70, that must tighten your sphincter?!

Just remember OP if you use betalink when you remove that spoiler at end of lease you will likely have paint damage to repair before replacing OEM spoiler. If you're good with that I'd say leave the Performance spoiler unpainted and slap it on! I will probably put one on soon.

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0