Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
hey man, i was in ur situation not long ago and here is what i did:

i had a budget of around 200$ for my first guitar, i picked up a yamaha at my local music shop. (was recommended by a sales associate). until u get really good i dont recommend spending a shit load on ur first guitar.

in general i am a very impatient person and love to learn quickly. i did start learning the guitar on my own listening and playing songs that interested me. however shortly after i went online and found myself an instructor, was about 20$ for the hour and helped out tremendously in my learning curve. u kick out bad habits right of the line and it dramatically increases the speed at which u learn.

in my opinion i would suggest finding which style u would like to play.. i myself, love finger picking and find it turns on the ladies the most hahah. but see which style u love and find an instructor that can help u with it!

good luck!!! it will take about 6months of solid work to get all the notes down and being able to switch flawlessly (or even longer) so dont get turned off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
p.s as spiike said.. youtube is AMAZING for someone like u... millions of tutorials and guide on "how to" im currently saving up for my next guitar i cant wait!
I have the same budget. I can't justify spending a ton on something I can't use well. Lol

It seems like we are very similar. I'm gonna do the same things you did when I get my guitar. Thank you for the advice!
Appreciate 0