Thread: Bogus Fees
View Single Post
      07-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

$50 doc fee is ok but the rest are kind of bs. I am in Texas too and they got me a few years ago with that vehicle inventory tax. When I asked about it, the guy said "It is a real tax. Don't you know they state would kill us if we tried to say something was a tax and wasn't?" and he starts laughing. He then pulls out this bs sheet of paper he printed off the state of Texas website explaining the tax. I agree to pay and an hour or so later I sign the contract. The Lexus form contract has in big, bold letters something about "A vehicle inventory tax is something charged by the state of Texas to all dealers but it is NOT mandatory that the dealer pass this tax along to the consumer." (or something like that). Basically, it is much different than a sales tax but dealers try to get sneaky. I was so pissed at this guy but ended up conceding. I would ask them for a copy of their contract because my guess is that the state has gone after dealers for this and makes them disclose in bold now. Let us know what you find out. I will be facing this same issue when my car arrives next month I'm sure.