View Single Post
      03-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #401
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I deleted the comment because it was aimed at the $50k comments, not the $3500 one just above, and I thought it might be confusing.

Anyway my point was that the cost is the same for the birth -- the hospital, doctors, etc., charge the same. The difference is if you pay it all or your insurance pays most of it. The cost to the insured is obviously different, but that was not what I was referring to.

The guy who made the $50k comment is in the UK, where they have the NHS and the costs of medical procedures in the US are a lot higher than many European countries, in general, because of socialized medicine.
Yep.....

I saw the insurance bills....it was 43k for the hospital and another 6.5k for the baby. Insurance paid 27 and 4. There were weekly non stress and ultrasounds at 1700 per week. My wife maxed her out of pocket at 1k, and the baby $300 and change, so we paid about $1400. We now have my insurance which would cost us 7k as that's the max out of pocket. My point is that a woman will hit her max out of pocket with a pregnancy. The delivery was 4 -and insurance paid 4. I get the feeling most people don't look at the insurance claims.
Appreciate 0