03-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #27
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by antongk View Post
**I'm about to spoil**

after watching the movie i believe that he was just pretending to be crazy so that he can receive the lobotomy treatment. If he receives the treatment, he can forever forget the fact that he murdered his wife. I got this because he asks the question about whether or not it one would "rather die a decent man rather or to live as a monster". He is essentially telling the psychiatrist chuck that he would rather die a good man (as a US marshall) than to live as a monster (a man who killed his wife) before he then willingly proceeds to receive his treatment. Pretty much he just cant live with his real self knowing he killed his wife and blaming himself for the death of his children because he didn't get his wife help. He'd rather get the treatment and forget it all, so that he doesn't have to blame himself.

*SPOILERS*

I got this as well. At first he didn't which is why Chuck shook his head at the doctors standing nearby, but did you see how he looked at him in the end after he said that? It was clear that he had come back to reality and the treatment had worked, but he just didn't want to live with himself.

Music was creepy as hell btw.....good film.