07-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #26
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
+1 on that. Sure, the fellow claiming that the article said or just that it "is" the case that the E46 M3 is a better or more capable car than the E92 M3 was just flat out wrong, duh. But there is no denying the amount of negative comments or comparisons where the Audi bested the M3 (steering wheel, interior, exterior looks, engine compartment looks, interior sound, etc.). Sure most of these are not so critical when you are shopping for a PERFORMANCE car, nonetheless the lost points of the competition and the narrow margin of overall victory is a bit disappointing.

I feel quite the same way about the other EVO article, the main review. Brake shudder and squeal criticised and this just should not be happening on this car. However, +1 on the steering comments, just what I wanted to hear. Hopefully the brake issues are simply isolated to the brake components themselves (i.e. nothing to do with the suspension or chassis), ones easily replaced with a sexy BBK.

All that being said, just like Leg said - there just is not much else in this exact category and you can't beat the price. Lastly and most importantly if you want the fastest, the most performance and most engaging drive there is only one choice here.
+2 on Leg's original comments. One should really be free of question marks and be completely excited about what is to come if one is about to part with $70k in total out the door (much worse for the Europeans).

+1 on Swamp's comment on how there is no performance alternative that fits the bill--at least for the time being. (Swamp, do you think it would be a worthwhile effort to buy a late E46M3, tear it up, lighten it even further, upgrade it as much as one can as a performance alternative?)

That's why I am on the sidelines, still hoping for the best and considering, but no money down, waiting my turn to experience it in person...
Appreciate 0