View Single Post
      04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #78
aj@fluid
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
just saw this post. listen, I'm sorry to have offended you. calling your creation a joke was harsh, and for that I apologize. I admire you guys for your creativity, and the fact that you said that you built this to get attention for your business explains this misunderstanding. fabricating a custom lift (especially on an vehicle with an independent suspension front and rear) is not an easy task, so you have my respect with regards to your capabilities.

however, I hope you can at least understand why I would call modifications such as a snorkel on that truck a joke. four-wheeling has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years, and I'm much more familiar with off road vehicles than performance cars. I know full well what it takes for a vehicle to be competent off road, and the reality is that a snorkel would be one of the last modifications you would make to that car if your goal was to make it trail worthy. a snorkel on an X5 is as useless as tits on a boar. there are so many more important pieces of hardware that you're missing (not least of which is a 4-wheel drive transfer case), and it would be so expensive to add those that it makes absolutely no sense and becomes a pointless endeavor (hence my comments for calling it a joke). an X5 is just a terrible platform for an off-road vehicle.

having said that, I now understand why you've made such modifications (i.e. to showcase your talents), so I hope you can accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I'm an asshole, but I try not to be when I can.

for what it's worth, I think it looks badass. maybe I'll swing by sometime to see your operation.
I could tell by the technical detail of your comments that you knew more than a thing or two about off roading. Sounds like I know where to go when we want to make this a legitimate off road X5. I get the same way when it comes to superbike racing...I like to see what works and improves performance. I gotta respect a guy like you.

Like I said, would love to have you come by and take a tour of the facility. The invitation is always open even if only for curiousity. Fellow car enthusiast, on or off road, are welcome anytime. Just ask for AJ (Aaron).
Appreciate 0