View Single Post
      08-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #136
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Many of our disagreements stem from fairly drastically different world views.

Mine is based on and heavily influenced by science - math, physics, engineering, combined with my love of cars. Everything is a variable, everything can change and any value is possible (maybe not to build but to consider). Your is very practical and experiential. You are the classic gearhead gifted with significant understanding beyond most. Basic disagreements like gearing does or does not matter depends strongly on if you are looking at the physics or at actual sporty production vehicles. Surely in terms of equations and engineering gearing makes a huge difference. Mis gear a car, on purpose or on accident, very far away from its optimal gearing and its performance will suffer tremendously. We don't have to worry much about that with real cars because it doesn't often happen or at least not in a really significant fashion. Other disagreements between us are based on similar differences in the way we see things. Your experience and clarity are in general excellent and I always enjoy reading you posts. As well I have learned a thing or two from you. I can only hope that is somewhat reciprocated. Cheers.
I believe Holmes and Moriarty were each the better for having tangled with the other, don't you?

On second thought, that seems like a reach. How about Dudley DoRight and Snidely Whiplash?

Bruce

PS - Was "Snidely Whiplash" the all time high water mark for villainous names, or what?
Appreciate 0