05-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #49
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
No the super downshift method would cause the same problem. This has been mentioned as well as other things to look out for in a pretty lengthy thread that I think M33 started like a "dos and donts" list. It is very informative and was started quite some time ago I believe.

People probably don't mention this everytime the cons of a supercharger are asked as it probably doesn't affect them and they know it won't affect most people. Not too many guys looking for a blower are going to be the ones using Auto mode. Also, as it has been mentioned before most people probably don't really care to keep bringing it up, especially with how minor of an issue it is for most. Not trying to come off as rude but the first rule is to search and read as many previous posts about a topic one is concerned about. For any question that comes up over and over again you can't expect every single piece of information from past posts to make it there.

To be honest if someone was asking me pros and cons of a blower it definitely would be one of the last things I would think of, if at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Can you still use the kickdown super downshift in manual DCT mode with a super charger? And why is it when you ask people what the cons of a SC are, this is not mentioned. I dont use AUTO mode, but if some reason I did, it would have been nice to know I cant punch it prior to buying one. Not cool.
Here's the thread with the do's and dont's. Very informative indeed. Didn't know he was banned, though. Bummer.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788999
Appreciate 0