Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
Rob:
>So although the DCT sounds like a winner...just don't let the dealer change the DCT oil/diff at the 1200 service okay! LOL I'll stick with the 6MT club...maybe in 2010 or 2011 I'll >trade my '05 997 (here's a pic of my "other" baby..was changing my oil before I left for my deployment) in for an '09 997 S with their new PDK dual clutch and experience it that way!

>> your 911 looks awesome, thats one car I've driven and on my bucket list
>> to have even if its used

>> be safe and see you next year, if you like to chat just hang around here
>> and we'll keep you posted of wats going on

>> Take Care

Al
Will do...I have internet access and spend most of my down time here and reading email! LOL Haven't bought any new mods but am thinking strongly on doing the Dinan Springs and ordering them right before I leave her so my dealer will have them ready and in stock for when I arrive home. Next mod other than that will likely be winter tires to go on my 18" wheels since it will be late winter when I get home and usually when we get all of our snow! Then aftermarket 19" wheels in the spring time!

Go for it re: 997...I picked up mine in 2006 with 1 yr on it and 8.5k on the odometer for a pretty good price as a CPO vehicle! I actually traded my old ;'02 M3 AND my '99 996 in for it! Which is part of the reason why when I saw the new e92 M3 I had fantasies about getting it to re-balance my car "portfolio" so to speak! Both are great cars...I just feel bad because since I've gotten the M3 I've only driven the 997 twice (since 11th of July!) But now that the new updated 997 is out with the new engines, PDK (Porsche's version of DCT), new touchscreen NAV and bluetooth with Ipod, and LED lights you should see the 997 prices improve a bit for CPO/used models as some more folk upgrade! Hell I even want one...but the one I built last night night cost $90k...no thanks.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0