08-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
tbone, I didn't see that thread where he implied you are liar.

What did you say and what did he say exactly?
You didn't see the thread because he deleted it!

He didn't use the word liar, but the implication was inferred via the use of the emoticon in response to my post.

Sequence of events:
1) I PM Sean asking for quote. He responds $1450
2) The next day, another forum member posts on the thread "Is the promo price the same price as what's on your website"
3) I respond within the thread "same price"

** Note that my response of "same price" is purely objective. I get quoted a price of $1450. Website price is $1300. So I assume $1300 + $150 shipping.

4) Sean responds to my "same price" response with

** This is what I perceived as him calling BS to my answer. How is my answer BS? the so-called promo price IS the same as the website price. In fact, the price quoted to me is higher than the website price. Of course, I want to protect my character. If I don't respond to his response, it could be perceived that I am trying to dissuade potential customers. I was just answering the question. I think his response of was his way to make other readers think that the promo price is actually lower than the website price. Of course, when you list something as "promo" price, a potential customer thinks they will get sold something that's less than what's posted on the website. I don't think he liked the fact that I said the promo price = website price. That makes the thread's offer of promo price not really look like much of a promo, and so he tried to make me look bad by saying he's confused as to why I would say the promo price is the website price. It was handled poorly on his part. If in fact the website price IS the promo price, he could have responded as such on the thread. Instead he's implying I'm either confused, lieing, or BS'ing with my answer. Whatever he or anyone wants to call it, it's not appreciated when I am trying to help out other forum members by answering honestly and having him come back the way he did. So, to answer your question he did't use the word liar. He used . You can interpret that however which way you want to, but I did not take that as a positive response from him. i.e that I don't know what I'm talking about

5) I respond saying something to the effect asking why he's implying that I'm BS'ing when in fact I have his PM quoting me $1450 and his website lists a price of $1300.

This was when he deleted the thread.

Last edited by tbone28; 08-01-2012 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0