E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
A few things, first off a near incident isn't an incident at all. Looking at how Hamilton ran out of time later in the session for another go at a lap, I'd say his rush earlier was justified.

There is also a difference between getting on the radio, and physically/publicly expressing your displeasure. While you likened Massa's action to Hamilton post-race Monaco, they aren't even remotely the same incident. Hamilton joked in poor taste about the Steward's intentions, and Massa let his frustration turn into a physical altercation.

I'll agree that Singapore was vastely better than Valencia, I enjoyed this race. I'll also say that Vettel has to be the most hidden winner of all time. He only had like 2 spots of TV coverage the entire race. I almost forget he was even in it still.

Off that last point I'd like to divert alittle bit. I think instead of 107% they need to bump it to 105%. HRT, Virgin, and even Lotus don't belong out there yet. (Though kudos to Lotus for putting forth the best effort.) However, Trulli prevented Button even remotely challenging Vettel after the safety car release by holding up the field and Vettel sped off. Button was stuck 3 cars back, watching the chance at a win literally fly away. They might need to do something about the current safety car rule. Maybe let them filter their ranks alittle bit so as not to be impeded on the restart.
Trying not to crucify Massa too much in this incident. This is not the first time he took it up to the driver and sarcastically mocking the opponent "good job".

Everyone remember European GP (Nurburgring 2007) when he had a bit tangle with Fernando Alonso? He pretty much reacted the same way like a teenager.

Ok, back in 2007 there wasn't much room to cool down since he was on the podium. But this time at Singapore he had a lot of time to reflect what happened and cool himself down, THEN talk to Hamilton.

If two drivers are unable to cool down afterwards, they can't discuss what happened and clear the air at all. Your adrenaline is still pumping and affects your decision.

Speaking the slower three teams, anyone notice the HRT was already being lapped by Seb in the first 5-6 laps. That means in race pace, they're off about 18 seconds a lap. Unless they spent a pit stop to fix first lap collision, which I might missed out.