02-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
It is a really odd problem but I will try and explain. This really only become an issue during track days and ill explain. So if the car has been sitting for a while, a few hours like over night or during work or a movie then everything works perfectly. But when when the car is being turned off and on with in short periods 30-1hr then something happens in the communication with the car. The only thing effected is the rpm reading, water and oil temp still read fine. It is an odd quark and BMW NA will not help with coding or anything because it states does not work with dct transmission. So yes it works as it states except in some circumstances. The only solution that I have found is to unhook and reconnect the battery and then it will work. But as stated on a day to day basis it works for me but when I go to my track and have back to back sessions where the car does not have time to "sleep" the rpm reading fails. But you always have the lights on the dash to fall back on. Hope this helps.