View Single Post
      04-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #310
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
First I want to thank Chris at AP racing for helping me solve a minor brake groan problem with my brakes. Nice to know someone is there to help if issues arise. Problem solved.

Yesterday was my first track day with my new AP BBK. I am a B group driver and have only been doing this for 2 years so I do not proclaim to be an expert by any means. All I have to say is that the brakes worked flawlessly. They did exactly what I wanted them to do when I wanted them to do it. I was able to brake later, and I was able to modulate the brakes much better. There is one area on the track which you need to brake lightly and previously I would unsettle the car. My feeling is that the stock brakes (in comparison to the AP brakes) are like an on-off switch. Much better brake modulation with the AP brakes.

Anyway I had a great day. At the end of the day my instructor, who last year was the driving event coordinator, said I could move up to the A group. I respectfully declined. Just can't believe how much fun I had and the brakes were a large part of it.
Nice.
I won't get a chance to track them till mid June. Hoping the AP kit performs well at Road Atlanta.