Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
I will simply note in the context of your comments and those of the aforementioned member driver the following:

1. Poor judgement started the drive off fiasco.

2. Non-existent counter-steering...why? Formula schooled driver should be eligible for refund, no?

3. You note, but I haven't seen the driver claim that he was steering the car to achieve optimal angle to minimize damage. In other words, IMO you are according credit where it isn't due.

4. Most fortuitously, there were no cars in the opposite direction lanes to strike. Had any been there, my guess is that a lot of members would not be in such a generous "cut him some slack" mode; especially if one of the cars struck was their very own whip.

5. AFAIK, the driver has not disclosed estimated damage amount nor posted a single pic of the car. One can only wonder "Why not"? It would be nice to know that the M4 can smack both ends during an airborne assault of the pavement/curbing and walk away unscathed. Talk about bulletproof.
I understand your point about his "lack of counter steer", One of the best drivers in the word is quoted (well paraphrased) as saying "who ever can keep the front wheels aimed the right direction the longest wins"...

All Im saying is intentional or not, counter-steering in this specific circumstance probably would have resulted in damage that he would not have been able to "limp" away from lol.

Points taken, just playing devils advocate, as I have been in a similar accident albeit NO witnesses and when faced with a choice to countersteer and hit a curb side ways or head on, I chose head on and I drove away with very little damage...(And that was actually in a powerful AWD Car (550+ AWHP Evolution VIII))...

Feel bad for the guy, and don't feel bad for the idiots that put crowds of innocent bystanders in danger...

Last edited by DKX4///M; 01-15-2015 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0