Thread: m4 crash lmao
View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #98
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Exactly..feel bad for the guy, he came out and apologized and he learned his lesson, but I showed the video to several non-car people and they couldn't help but think how pathetic the whole scene was. Sounded like a lawnmower starting when he turned the corner with no bark and then it was all bite which made it seem all the weirder that he spun out of control all the while people are taking video of a weak sounding car. I think it just added to the weirdness.

I think thats why so many on M4 board got defensive (like one of the mods volunteering to contribute to the guy's legal defense fund), because it looked pathetic and what others have been saying about weak sound, difficulty to control, being tricky to drive, steps in torque etc, were all points validated by someone trying to show off by having DSC off and gunning it. I don't wish this on anyone and we have all made our mistakes where we have not been in complete control, but hot-dogging it at a cars n' coffee just made it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
This gen M3/4 will go down as the worst ever sounding bmw. They cannot possibly repeat that bad.

That 20 sec video says it all. No linear power delivery, steepest part of the power curve all under 3000 rpm, already flattening out at 5,000 rpm, inverted peaky V torque curve peaking at 4000rpm mistakenly mated to RWD.

There are evolutionaly mistake in cars gen too. This car is a freak DODO trying to take a flight

The driver did fine, expect for buying the first and last RWD turbo M3 car (next gen will be AWD).
Appreciate 0