View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #61
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
No, I'm not arguing just to argue. I successfully got you to admit that the 5.56 round (which you intitially said was small, weak, etc.) is powerful. Can we change the phrase under your name to "Flip-Flopper?"

ULTIMATE VICTORY.
Again, a stupid point by someone with no comprehension. A 556 shot out of a rifle is far deadlier then a pistol round, no one would ever dispute that, including me. But compared to a 30-06 it is a a small cartridge.

ULTIMATE READING COMPREHENSION FAIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Also, the comparison is a bit of a stretch, but not idiotic. I was merely demonstrating that in trained hands (whether it be the hands of a responsible, well-trained civilian, SEAL, LEO, etc.) a SBR can be successfully wielded in a close quarters scenario.

Furthermore, if someone ever got "point blank" you better be hoping you are A) trained for pistol retention; B) have a back-up plan after you lose the pistol for mistakenly letting someone get that close in the first place.
Even a trained navy seal would have no need for the rifle in a civilian defense scenario. Training or no training, close quarters you have more chance of being overtaken holding a rifle then you do a pistol.