04-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
DPR1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jerez E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Is it Alvin Eklund? He was my CA, and I got great service. Price wasn't that great, but I negotiated on my ordered E90/DCT before the market bottomed and didn't want to reneg on what was initially the best local deal by a long shot.

Highly recommend Bellevue for sales over Seattle. I have no experience with either for service. I hear Richard Hansen at Fife is an awesome CA, too.
Yup, Alvin Eklund. I generally can't stand dealers, but was happy to work with Alvin. Here's a description of my purchasing experience:
  • I stopped by the Bellevue dealership, ran into Alvin, talked for a bit and went for a test drive (still hadn't decided between the E90 and a handful of other cars at this point). No pressure at all from him.
  • The following week I swung by again and went for a couple drives to help decide between a 335 and M3. Alvin never once tried to influence me one way or the other, which pleasantly surprised me.
  • Once I had decided on the M3, I began contacting a handful of local dealers via phone/email (Fife, Seattle, and Yakima). Ultimately Tiho Krtalic from Yakima offered the best deal, and was willing to deliver the car to me in Issaquah so I didn't have to drive the two hours there to pick it up.
  • But since Alvin from Bellevue had put in all the leg work with me, I simply contacted him and asked if he'd match the deal from Yakima, which he did. Of course, sales tax is ~1% lower in Yakima, so I would have saved about $650 dollars by going that route... but went with Alvin because that seemed fair to me.
Now the hard part of waiting a couple months. hehe

Cheers!
Appreciate 0