View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #29
masamune
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It was difficult keeping the thread under 100 pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
That could quite easily be the best ED write up i've seen so far! The scenery and locations were stunning, and you captured them very well. I'm in the process of planning my '12 ED, and i've been hoping to do an itinerary almost identical to yours, so I absolutely loved every single photo and your captions.

I may be PM'ing you with specific detail questions

Thank you very much!
Thanks! I'm more than willing to answer any questions or provide any info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
pictures aren't showing
Not sure what to say here, everyone else seems to be able to view them. Have you tried refreshing the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
I was in Switzerland in late May on my ED trip and they did not make me buy the Autobahn sticker. The customs guy at the border clearly looked like he did not believe me when I said that I would not be using them (I just clipped a corner of the country and drove to Davos on side roads). maybe you entered the country on a road they considered to be an autobahn?

You went to Lichtenstein? The people at the Welt warned me not to go there. According to them the country doesn't recognize the German Export Tourist Plate on ED cars. I was warned that the car could be impounded and the import duties and VAT demanded on the spot. That being said the border wasn't well marked and I ended up driving into it by accident anyway. As soon as I saw all those black license plates I beat a hasty retreat.
I didn't understand either why they made me buy the vignette there. It was definitely not an autobahn but there was a guy posted at the border checking for the sticker.

Yeah, I didn't have any problems in Liectenstein. The Polizei on a bike there even drove behind me for at least 5 minutes or so. I have heard conflicting things on driving in this country, but the consensus seems to be that it is okay. Somebody in this thread went through extensive research to see if it was okay, and it seems that the German tourist plates are valid and the insurance by Allianz is covered in the country.
Appreciate 0