03-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
How feasible would it be for you to try the new exhaust with the OEM midpipe and cats? That might give you a good sense if the muffler is too loud or not for you liking. Then you may be able to determine if adding resonators to your xpipe is even worth the hassle and money.

Just a thought.
Hmm I want to keep the gains I got from the Gintani so that is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just throw on the resonators and see how it goes. It can't cost that much. In reality, it probably won't reduce the volume to what you're looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Adding two additional resonator cans will probably take away some of the raspiness of the exhaust but won't do much to reduce the sound level. At least not to the level that you want.

The only two systems that I know of which offer close to stock sound level while providing performance gain and weight saving are Akrapovic Evolution and Amuse / Ericsson Titan Performa
I think these are the answers I was looking for. After reading both your's feedback I might end up selling the GTS and go with one of those or an Eise Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Sell your X-pipes to me and buy youself a new X-pipe with 4 resonators ... I'm sure it will be cheaper and nicer then buying to more resonators and chopping up you nice pipes
Sure.. whats your zip code, I will mail it out first thing in the morning. I do love the Gintani x-pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i would sell the muffler and get a Dinan one. i have there midpipe and muffler and love it. not too loud but loud enough and no drone
I dont know the idea of fake tips on the Dinan really bother me.
Appreciate 0