United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav7ks View Post
Dinan products are expensive but they offer some exciting mods for our cars. The 4.10 limited slip differential is on my radar screen for the next mod. I am very pleased with my Dinan springs so far with the subtle drop and an improvement in performance.
An piece of mind. They are $50k+ cars so what is another 10-20% in cost in terms of having a part/mod that doesn't break or have to be re-fitted by the tuner 10x to get it to work as advertized. Folks were telling me to spend $400-500 on H&R Springs or Eibachs and then IF my EDC acted up just to go ahead and remove it; take it to the dealer and get it replaced under warranty and then put the springs back on!

SO let me get this one right....an EDC spring is about $700 job I hear in parts/labor from last service quote I hear/saw...and any shop will charge me at least $200 to remove the offending spring and then another $200 to re-install the new set. So somebody tell me after $400-500 for non Dinan Performance springs and then $200 for install and another $150 for alignment and oh yeah another $200 to uninstall any problem springs/replace the EDC ones...WHERE am I saving any significant $$ over the Dinan deal I go on my performance set? I even got 15% off my Dinan set plus another 5% matched by my Dinan shop on install and parts on top of what Dinan wa giving!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0